the more you save.
Buy any 4 patterns, get 10% off
Buy 5 or more patterns, get 15% off
You can also get an ADVERT FREE & PRINTABLE PDF version of this Santa Christmas Decoration Crochet Pattern here:
CROCHET TERMS: US terms used
Crochet Hook: 4.5mm (size 7)
Yarn: Avril Chunky Knitting: Colour A: Red Colour B: Off White Colour C: Black
King Cole Comfort Chunky Colour D: White (Note this yarn is slightly thicker and fluffier then the yarn used for the rest of the Santa).
Other: Tapestry Needle, Gold/silver thread (20cm), White thread, Gold square sequin.
SPECIAL STITCHES: hdc2tog: yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop (5 loops on hook), yarn over and draw through all 5 loops on hook – 1 stitch decreased.
SIZE: 11cm (4.5in)
GAUGE: 14 stitches & 14 rows to 10 cm (4in) over single crochet using 4mm hook
CROCHET TERMS – UNITED STATES TERMS USED
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
Note: Hat is worked in one piece in spiral sc, starting at the top of the hat. Mark last st of each round with a safety pin or stitch marker and move it onto last st at the end of every round.
Using Colour A and 4.5 mm (size 7) hook make a magic ring (adjustable ring) then begin as follows:
1) 1 ch, 4 sc in loop ring (Do not turn but work with RS alwasy facing). Pull yarn end to close loop ring.
2) (1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc) x 2 (6 sc made)
3) 1 sc in each sc (6 sc)
4) (1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc) x 3 (9 sc)
5) 1 sc in each sc (9 sc)
6) (1 sc in next 2 sc, 2sc in next sc) x 3 (12 sc), sl st to the next st and fasten off.
7) join D with sl st in the next st from when you finished off, make 1 sc in front loop of each st (12sc),
sl st to first sc made and fasten off.
POMPOM: Using Color D and 4.5 mm (size 7) hook make: 2ch, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sl st to first st and fasten off.
Take a short piece of gold or silver thread, tie a knot making a loop to hang the decoration. Thread this loop through the center of the pompom. Use crochet hook to pull the ends from the pompom inside the hat (3rd photo) and sew the edge of the pompom on to the top of the hat using sharp ended needle and white thread.
With 4,5 mm (size 7) hook join colour B with sl st to where finished off
8) 1 sc in the back loop of each st, (12 sc) don’t sl st but continue in spiral
9) (1 sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc) x 4 (16 sc)
10) 1 sc in each sc (16 sc), sl st to next st and fasten off.
With 4,5 mm (size 7) hook join colour A with sl st to where left off
11) 1 sc in each sc (16 sc), continue in crocheting in a spiral round
12) (1 sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc) x 4 (20 sc)
13) 1 sc in each sc (20 sc), sl st to next st and fasten off
14) Join Color D with sl st and make 2 ch (counts as hdc), hdc in next 2 sc, hdc2tog,
(1hdc in next 3 sc, hdc2tog) x 3 (16 hdc)
Using D and 4.5 mm (size 7) hook, make 10 ch, dc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in next 2 ch, make (dc, tr, dc) all in next ch, hdc in next 2 ch, dc, hdc in last ch. Fasten off and weave in the ends.
Sew on the sides and the top of the beard to the face leaving out the bottom of the beard.
Sew on the eyes with black thread or use thin, black marker pen to draw them on. Sew on the nose with red yarn.
BELT – Using colour C and surface sl st make a belt between 12th and 13th row. Make a belt’s buckle by gluing on a sequin.
Santa is now ready!
Thank you so much for checking out my blog. Be sure to PIN this pattern to your Pinterest Board (just hoover over the photo for a pin it button to show) for future reference and to share it with your crochet friends using social media buttons below the post! <3
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.